Holaaaa! So when I make pork chops, I usually have no clue what i’m doing… I just know that when I make them this specific way, they never fail to come out juicy and delicious! When Mike and I first started dating, I wanted to impress him so I made a pork chop with spicy cream sauce and asparagus and purple mashed potatoes. It was just one of those meals that was so memorable and so delicious. I wanted to show him I was wifey material and yah know what? It freakin worked! For this recipe, I rummaged through the fridge and had left over peas, mushrooms, and some heavy cream so let me tell you what I whipped up!
As far as ingredients go, I don’t always use the same seasoning and ingredients! I kinda just pick the ones I have in my pantry that day and it either work or it doesn’t… I’m going to say it usually works like 90% of the time haha. So I hope you enjoy this one!
Ingredients (serves two)
(Two) 1.5-2 inch thick pork-chops
3 medium potatoes (I chose sweet this time)
1/2 cup of peas
1/2 cup of mushrooms
2 cups of spinach
1 cup of heavy cream1/3 cup of vegetable or chicken stock
1/2 cup of grated parmesan
1/2 red onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
1/2 tablespoon of chili powder
1/2 tablespoon of cayenne
1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon of cumin
salt + pepper
Kerrigold butter (because no other butter exists)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees (for boneless) and 475 degrees (for bone-in chops)
- Boil your water for the potatoes
- Throw in potatoes to cook in water (I was lazy so I didn’t peel… I usually just peel it in cold water after it’s done cooking. I feel like it’s much faster this way)
- Mix seasoning in ramekin
- Prep and season the pork chops with the dry seasoning (if you have left over seasoning, just use it for your sauce later)
- Using your pan, sear the pork chops with the butter on medium/high heat
- Throw in the garlic half way through cooking the chops (I don’t like putting it in the beginning because I don’t want it to burn)
- Put your oven safe pan in the oven and cook your chops for about 20-25 minutes (depending on the size of your chops you’ll either cook it for more or less time. Just make sure the internal temperature is 145-160 degrees)
- While your chops are cooking, start sautéing the sliced red onions, followed by the mushrooms, and peas (which I flashed cook in hot water for about a minute) and let it cook under low heat. Add in the spinach at the end because it doesn’t take long to cook.
- 10. In a small pot, slowly pour in the stock and cream and add your leftover seasoning in as well (I like my sauce spicy so I added extra cayenne) then add in the parmesan. Let this simmer and thicken up for a few minutes on low heat.
- Check your mash and peel accordingly (I don’t eat the skin because I’ve read that it causes inflammation…)
- To plate: mashed potatoes first, then chops, then sautéed veggies, and top it off with your cream sauce!
- EAT, EAT, EAT!